Staff Association Seeks Contributions to Fund for BMCDS Staffer Who Lost Home to Fire

Posted July 29th, 2010 at 2:01 pm.

George Williams, a 15-year veteran of Bryn Mawr Dining Services who works in Erdman Hall, lost his Upper Darby home to a fire last Friday, July 23.

The house and all of its contents were destroyed, reports Associate Director of Dining Services David Chase.

Williams’ wife was admitted to Crozer-Chester Hospital’s burn unit for treatment of severe smoke inhalation; Williams and his two teenage children have been staying with family and friends while awaiting a more permanent housing solution.

“George has been a pillar here in Dining Services since 1995, and our hearts are heavy for the loss suffered by him and his family,” said Chase in an e-mail to the Bryn Mawr staff. “I am reaching out to the college community in hopes of establishing donations on behalf of the Williams family, to help them deal with this catastrophe.”

The Bryn Mawr Staff Association has established a fund to help the longtime staffer deal with the crisis. Checks should be made out to the Bryn Mawr College Staff Association and delivered to Dining Services (Cartref, First Floor) or to Staff Association officer Sally Allison in the Bookshop (ground floor, Campus Center).

Comments are closed.