Gym and Library Membership for Spouses and Partners

Posted September 2nd, 2010 at 3:59 pm.

Effective with the start of the 2010-2011 academic year, the College is formalizing the campus services that are available to the spouses and partners of current and retired employees. According to Benefits Manager Marty Mastascusa, the following benefits will be provided to spouses and partners with no membership cost:

  • Full access to all the facilities of Schwartz Gymnasium
  • Book and video borrowing privileges for the Tri-Co Library Consortium (Bryn Mawr, Haverford, and Swarthmore College Libraries)

Spouses and partners who wish to use these benefits will need to obtain a Bryn Mawr College OneCard. The first step in the process is downloading and completing a Spouse/Partner Membership Application.

This form is also available on the Human Resources website under “Frequently Requested Forms.”

The spouse/partner should present the completed form to Human Resources during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) along with a form of government-issued photo identification. Human Resources will issue a temporary ID card.

The spouse/partner should then present the temporary card no sooner than the next business day at the OneCard Office in the Ward Building, where a picture ID OneCard will be produced. The cost of the picture ID is currently $10.

The OneCard will have a “Gym/Library Affiliate” designation and will provide swipe-security access to the Gym and to Canaday, Carpenter, and Collier Libraries. Since the OneCard does not differentiate between gym and library privileges, the Gym Liability Release Form that is part of the Spouse/Partner Membership Application must be completed by all applicants.

  • Gym access will be active as soon as the OneCard is created
  • The bar code on the OneCard provides library-borrowing privileges. They will be activated on the Monday afternoon following the date that the OneCard is produced.

If your spouse/partner is currently using the gym or borrowing from the library, he or she needs to complete a new application in order to continue to use these services. Any card previously issued to a spouse/partner will no longer work.

Employees themselves do not need to do anything, except to make sure that the proper marital or partner status is reflected in their Human Resources record. Please call Mastascusa at ext. 5266 or send him an e-mail (mmastasc[at]brynmawr[dot]edu)if you have any questions.

Comments are closed.