TransitChek and Flexible Spending Account Info

Posted January 20th, 2011 at 11:11 am.

The following was sent by Human Resources via e-mail on Jan. 14:

To TransitChek participants:

President Obama signed legislation on December 17th that restored the monthly TransitChek maximum from $120 to $230, at least through the end of 2011. This happened too late to make a correction for January, so the TransitChek maximum for that month is $120. If you have a monthly election higher than $120 on record, please be advised that your higher election will resume in February. February TransitCheks can be picked up starting on January 20th.

To 2010 and 2011 Flexible Spending Account participants:

Enrollment information has been sent to Payflex for all 2011 participants. If would like to review your account information, you can do so through First time users will need go through “Employee Account Login” (at the top of the screen) to “Employee Account Registration”.

Please note that the College did provide Payflex with direct deposit information based on what is entered in PeopleSoft. If you want to use a different bank you can change this information on-line. If you are a current participant in the medical care spending account you may already submit 2011 Plan Year claims for reimbursement. If you are a current participant in the dependent care spending account, you may submit claims, however, you will not be reimbursed until the first 2011 pay has been processed.

Please remember that reimbursement requests for the 2010 Plan Year still go to Human Resources. I have attached a schedule that shows when the run out on 2010 claims will be paid. The deadline for submitting 2010 Plan Year claims to Human Resources is June 15, 2011, which is 3 months past the end of the March 15, 2011 grace period.

Please remember that claims incurred from January 1 – March 15, 2011 can be submitted to either the 2010 or 2011 Plan Year. If you have no balance remaining in your account for the 2010 Plan Year, you should not be submitting any future claims to Human Resources. All claims incurred on or after March 16, 2011 should be submitted to Payflex. Do not send claims incurred from January 1 – March 15, 2011 to both Human Resources and to Payflex. You must decide whether such claims are to be applied against your 2010 or your 2011 balance.

A document called “Payflex HealthHub Reimbursement Account – Participant Portal Guide” will be available on the Human Resources web site by the end of next week. It should answer questions that you have when using Payflex.

Comments are closed.