From an email from Director of Human Resources Joe Bucci:
I am pleased to announce that the College will be offering another session of our supervisory training program called “Supervisory Survival Kit: Tools for an Effective Workplace.” Participating in this program will help you enhance existing skill sets, learn new skills and enjoy the process with fellow College supervisors.
Summary of Sessions
Each session has various learning activities such as self-assessment, case studies, practice using tools, and written evaluations.
Session 1 – October 28, 2011 (9:00am – 3:00pm)
- The Supervisor-Employee Relationship
- The Importance of Giving Feedback
- Feedback as Motivational Tool
- Identifying Preferred Work Styles: Understanding Self and Others
Session 2 – November 11, 2011 (9:00am – 3:00pm)
- Using Feedback in Delegating
- Time Management Tools for Supervisors (setting priorities)
- Fostering Two-way Communication: the right person, the right message
- Peer-to-peer Problem-solving Activity
The last session received excellent reviews! We encourage you to participate in the program. To enroll in the program, please respond before Friday, October 21, 2011 to Diane Dell’Arciprete (firstname.lastname@example.org). We have a limited number of seats. The College supports this important initiative and release time will be granted. We hope you will consider joining us for this productive and informative workshop!