Bryn Mawr’s academic Winter Break officially begins at 12:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 16, and ends on Tuesday, Jan. 17, at 8 a.m. But there’s more to life than papers and exams, and among the many support services that keep campus life chugging along, the holiday-related schedule changes vary.
Most of the College’s offices will be closed Friday, Dec. 23, 2011 through Monday, Jan. 2, 2012.
According to the College’s Residential Life Office, Bryn Mawr dormitories will close on Saturday, Dec. 17, at 10 a.m. and reopen on Friday, Jan. 13, at noon.
Residential Life has also posted a list of Winter Break schedules and helpful hints for students as a PDF on its website. Along with information about transportation, securing valuables, and international travel hints, the document includes winter hours for these offices and services:
- The Health Center
- Dining Services/Uncommon Grounds
- the Bookshop
- the Mailroom (but see update regarding limited Break hours below)
- Student Life Offices
- Canaday Library
- Wyndham Dining Room will close Friday, Dec. 16, and reopen Monday, Jan. 9.
- BMCDS Catering Services will not be available Friday, Dec. 23 – Monday, Jan. 2. Catering will be available Jan. 3-6 with orders placed by Dec. 22.
- The Admissions Office will be closed Friday, Dec. 23 – Monday, Jan. 2
- Most academic department offices will be closed Friday, Dec. 23 – Monday, Jan. 2
- Public Safety will remain open for the duration of the break
- Bern Schwartz Gymnasium and fitness hours are posted on the Athletic Department website
- A full schedule of library hours is available at the BMC libraries website
- The campus mail service will be open for mail pickup on Monday, Dec. 26, and Friday, Dec. 30, from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Because the Campus Center will be closed, mail will be distributed from the Ward Building.