The Treasurer’s Office will be offering three workshops as part of their student education program series: Certification in Management, Certification in Finance, and The Basics of Entrepreneurship. For more information, or to register for a workshop, students are to contact David Holland in Taylor, or DHolland@brynmawr.edu.
Certificate in Management
January 14 – 18, 2013
The Bryn Mawr College Certificate in Management is an intensive, five-day course designed to immerse students in the basics of management and expose students to skill that are invaluable regardless of your career objective; business management and management consulting or a career in not for profits.
- Management fundamentals, SWOT analysis, strategic planning, and interpersonal assessment
- Facilitation and analysis of case studies led by Wharton School faculty
- Learn brand management and competitive analysis from successful alumni
- Skill-building in communication, coaching, networking, public speaking and interviewing
- Network with successful Alumnae who will share career advice
- Analyzing problems from various perspectives, structural, cultural, and political
Certificate in Finance
March 11 – 15, 2013
The Bryn Mawr College Certificate in Finance is a week-long course of study designed to expose you to the world of capital structure, risk, financial instruments, stocks, bonds and investing.
The curriculum includes:
- Classes in the principles of finance, including: stocks, bonds, capital markets, hedge funds and investment strategy
- Analysis of case studies led by Wharton School faculty
- Communication and networking skill-building
Workshops led by Bryn Mawr alumnae and other financial management professionals will give you a glimpse into what to expect when it is time to meet with your investors, take your seat in the boardroom, or map out your future on Wall Street.
The Basics of Entrepreneurship
A Comprehensive Workshop
October 18-19, 2012
The Bryn Mawr College “The Basics of Entrepreneurship – A Comprehensive Workshop is a two-day workshop run by a team of Managing Directors from Golden Seeds, a New York based investor group that provides early stage capital to women entrepreneurs. Instructors bring extensive expertise in finance, marketing and angel investing. Learn from seasoned professionals who know what investors look for when funding new businesses. Come ready to participate in hands-on exercises and case studies.
As an angel investing group dedicated to supporting women entrepreneurs, Golden Seeds is also committed to training and sharing best practices as a core component of its mission. Spreading the wealth of knowledge and skills empowers individuals – enabling greater business success, financial gains and personal satisfaction.
Golden Seeds’ training product portfolio focuses on the needs and interests of its primary constituencies: angel investors and women entrepreneurs. All training is designed around high-value, practical content and a rich, interactive learning experience. A Golden Seeds training session is always:
Lead by experienced professionals ready to lend their personal expertise — including finance, marketing, business management, technology and/or investing. An open, collaborative and supportive learning environment. All questions are considered good questions. Focused on providing practical information and tools that participants can put into action, with sessions typically a combination of instruction and hands-on, workshop activities.
- Creating a Business Plan and Financials to Support It
- Developing a Marketing Plan
- Bringing in Outside Capital: Ownership and Control
- Looking for Investors: The Dos and Don’ts of the Investor Pitch