College Communications is looking for three more students to participate in a video celebrating Hepburn Medalist Patti Smith and Bryn Mawr College. Interested students must be available between 4-5 p.m. in Goodhart on Friday, Dec. 7 and be prepared to wait for a time slot. Each person should take approximately 20 minutes to shoot.
Students will be asked to speak about, in their own way, how they have transformed themselves since coming to Bryn Mawr, and the part Bryn Mawr has played in their transformation. If students have any props or visual aids that would help them tell their story, or any work that they are particularly proud of, they are encouraged to bring it with them.
Students should be ready to talk about some or all of these topics:
- Describe your experience with encountering Patti Smith for the first time, or at least early on in your appreciation of her music (art, etc.) What were you doing at the time, and what did Patti Smith mean to you then?
- What are you doing now, and what does Patti Smith mean to you now?
- How does Patti Smith embody the spirit of Bryn Mawr?
- How does Smith embody the spirit of Katharine Hepburn? How does the award illuminate the impact of these two transformative women?
- How have you transformed yourself over the years, and what part did Smith and/or Bryn Mawr play in your evolution?