Donna Frithsen Accepts Position at Drexel University's College of Medicine

Posted January 31st, 2013 at 11:46 am.

Donna Frithsen, who most recently has been serving as a senior fund raising adviser for the College, has announced that she’s accepted the position of Associate Vice President for Advancement for the College of Medicine at Drexel University.

Prior to her current role, Frithsen served as the Chief Development Officer at Bryn Mawr for four years. During her tenure at Bryn Mawr, the Development Office (formerly Resources) significantly increased its use of social media and the web to enhance donor outreach. The office tripled online revenue during this period, and saw not only the number of gifts increase, but the size of those gifts.

Increased cooperation between the fund-raising staff and the Bryn Mawr Alumnae Association was another major accomplishment of Frithsen’s tenure at Bryn Mawr.

Prior to becoming the CDO, Frithsen, whose daughter Christina is a member of the class of 2010, began her relationship with Bryn Mawr as a volunteer on the Parent's Council.

“Working with such dedicated and talented campus leaders and trustees, from whom I learned much and to whom I am very grateful, has been a tremendous growth experience for me,” says Frithsen. “It gives me great satisfaction and happiness to know that as a proud Bryn Mawr parent of a 2010 graduate, this is just a transition in my relationship with the College back to its beginning.”