The following email was sent to staff by Director of Human Resources Joe Bucci on Wednesday, Dec. 11.
I am pleased to announce that the College will be offering another session of our supervisory training program called “Supervisory Survival Kit: Tools for an Effective Workplace.” Participating in this program will help you and the other supervisors in your department enhance existing skill sets, learn new skills, and enjoy the process with fellow College supervisors.
Summary of Sessions
Each session has various learning activities such as self-assessment, case studies, practice using tools, and written evaluations.
Session 1 – January 10, 2014 (9:00am – 3:00pm)
• The Supervisor-Employee Relationship
• The Importance of Giving Feedback
• Feedback as Motivational Tool
• Identifying Preferred Work Styles: Understanding Self and Others
Session 2 – January 24, 2014 (9:00am – 3:00pm)
• Using Feedback in Delegating
• Time Management Tools for Supervisors (setting priorities)
• Fostering Two-way Communication: the right person, the right message
• Peer-to-peer Problem-solving Activity
The last session received excellent reviews! We encourage you to participate in the program or to have other supervisors in your department participate. To enroll in the program, please respond by Friday, Jan. 3, 2014 to Diane Dell’Arciprete (email@example.com). The College supports this important initiative and release time will be granted. We hope you will consider joining us for this productive and informative workshop!