Bob Miller Appointed Chief Development Officer

Posted April 16th, 2014 at 2:30 pm.

The following email was sent to faculty, students, and staff by President Kim Cassidy on Tuesday, April 15.

Dear Faculty and Staff,

I am writing to announce my decision to appoint Bob Miller as chief development officer of the College, effective immediately.   I hope you will join me in congratulating Bob and celebrating this good news.  Bob has been serving as the interim chief development officer for the past 10 months, and after a thorough process of consultation, I am pleased to be able to make an official appointment.

Bob came to Bryn Mawr in November 2013 as the executive director of Development through a national search, and I asked him to step into the interim chief development officer role in July.  Prior to coming to Bryn Mawr, Bob was senior associate director of major gifts at the University of Pennsylvania.  Bob brings 16 years of experience in development, drawing on his work in many areas of development at a diverse array of institutions.

As part of the selection process, I consulted with members of the Board of Trustees, all members of the senior administrative staff, and staff in Development that report directly to Bob.  I also invited feedback and input from all continuing faculty.  There was unanimous support and enthusiasm for Bob’s appointment from all quarters, reflecting the positive impact that Bob has already had on the Bryn Mawr community.

I could not be more pleased to be making this appointment.  Bob has already demonstrated concrete success.  The Bryn Mawr Fund is on pace to exceed last year’s performance (currently ahead by more than 5%), the quiet phase of the campaign is progressing well, and we may have a record-breaking year for fundraising overall. While the entire Development staff deserves credit for this success, I know that Bob has played a crucial leadership role in making this happen.  Bob’s strong commitment to a thoughtful, strategy-based approach to fundraising will serve the College well going forward and he is building the foundations for success in both the short and long term.

Personally, I love working with Bob, and I am optimistic about the future of fundraising at Bryn Mawr.   We have a talented and dedicated fundraising staff. With Bob’s leadership, I know that we will be successful in garnering the resources we need to support our core commitments as well as our ambitious plans for the future.

I wanted to send a special thank you to all of you who took the time to provide me with input about this decision.  The information that you shared will be very helpful as we move forward.

Please join me in celebrating this terrific news!

With warm wishes,

Kim Cassidy
President