Used Clothes Needed for the Performing Arts Series

Posted August 26th, 2015 at 4:55 pm.

The following email was sent to faculty and staff by Production Manager Amy Radbill on Thursday, August 20.

Hello, all,

This fall, the Performing Arts Series will be hosting the world renowned Trisha Brown Dance Company for several performances in Goodhart Hall. One of the pieces they’ll be performing is a remounting of Brown’s 1970 piece, Floor of the Forest, for which we’ve been asked to provide the set pieces/props—which happen to be old clothing. (Curious about the piece? Visit here or here.)

For the piece, the company has asked for clothing in sizes equal to *at least* a US women’s size 10 or above (though men’s clothing of similar sizes is great too). The dancers must be able to work their way in and out of the clothing pieces while both the clothing and the dancers are suspended horizontally from a pipe structure (see the links above for a clear idea of what I mean).

The clothing should be in many colors, but it should be free of logos and graphic designs. The company has requested jeans, corduroys, sweat pants, shorts, tank tops, t-shirts, vests, dresses, skirts. Basically, anything you have in the right sizes and with no graphics.

If you have any old clothes that match this description, would you consider donating them to us? Once the show is over, I’ll make sure that anything still in good condition either gets re-donated to Goodwill or the like, or I’ll pass them along to our costume designer to be used in future shows here.

I’ll place a box outside of the Hepburn Teaching Theater, in the glass atrium of Goodhart, for your donations. Feel free to drop things off at any time, from now through October 21–the earlier, the better, of course, so that I have a sense of what I have to work with. If you have any questions, feel free to call or email me. And thank you for any help you can give us!